Make those history lessons come alive with a virtual tour of The Smithsonian, National Museum of Natural History. Visitors can take self-guided, room-by-room tours of many exhibits and areas within the museum right from the comfort of their own home. Virtual museum visitors can also access various collections, research areas, research stations and even past exhibits that are no-longer showcased.
Virtual History Exhibits Include
The Smithsonian, National Museum of Natural History has a vast collection of exhibits and offers the ability for over 100 to be toured virtually such as:
- African Bush Elephant
- African Voices
- Bone Hall
- Butterfly Pavilion
- David H. Koch Hall of Fossils – Deep Time
- David H. Koch Hall of Human Origins
- Eternal Life in Ancient Egypt
- Janet Annenberg Hooker Hall of Geology, Gems, and Minerals
- Kenneth E. Behring Family Hall of Mammals
- Mega-toothed Shark
- Objects of Wonder
- Outbreak: Epidemics in a Connected World
- Sant Ocean Hall
- Sea Monsters Unearthed: Life in Angola’s Ancient Seas
- The Garden Lounge
- And So Much More!
Virtual Exhibits Educate and Entertain Kids & Adults Alike
Whether you are looking for a creative and exciting way to cover your child’s next history lesson or just a fun and stimulating way to spend the day, The Smithsonian, National Museum of Natural History’s virtual tour’s and online resources have got you covered. So, grab the kids and pull up some comfy chairs, it’s time to embark on an entertaining journey through history and time!