Want to make New Years Eve exciting for your kids? We’ve got you covered! Grab yourself a bottle of sparkling grape or apple juice and get ready! The New Year is among us and what better way to ring it in than with your loved ones, and most notably, the kids? Here are a couple of things you can do with the little ones to keep things interesting.
1. Have a Virtual Noon Years Eve Family and Friends Event – Lucky for us, technology makes it so easy for everyone to keep in touch. Try to plan a family zoom meeting or FaceTime. Grab a couple of New Year hats and some party horns and talk about your year’s highs and lows. Plan to do this around noon instead of midnight so everyone can be there no matter their time zone.
2. Take memorable photos for the family album – Keep that party hat on! Screenshot your family together or take selfies to print and put in your album later.
4. Make a game out of New year’s resolutions – have everyone write three goals for the new year on a small piece of paper. Fold that paper up and put it in the hat or a jar and try to guess who’s resolution is who’s.
5. Board games and hot Cocoa. Enough said. Fun and tasty!
6. Try to find virtual events hosted by children’s museums, children’s television channels or favorite characters. Here are a few we love-
Nick Jr will be having a “LIVE” Move To The Music event
Story Pirates are planning DJ Squrm-A-lot’s New Years Eve Bash
The Children’s Museum of Manhattan is inviting its members to come create a fun pair of 2021 glasses
F. N. Manross Memorial Library is having a Noon Year’s Eve Party
The Space Needle is having T-Mobile New Year’s at the Needle
Harry Potter Fans will love the Yule Ball: Prisoner of Azkaban Movie Chat
Schulz Museum is having an online event: Happy New Year Charlie Brown!
7. Make it educational. What holidays do you celebrate in December? Talk to children about why you celebrate. Also, teach them about the holidays others may celebrate. How and when do other countries and cultures celebrate the New Year?
8. Make some hors d’oeuvre. Who doesn’t love finger food? Have more of a sweet tooth? Try baking New Year cookies together!
Here are 2 fun recipes to try:
Easy Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
New Year’s Eve Champagne Cookies Recipe
9. Get a New Year piñata! 5 – 10 minutes before the countdown, try to break it open before the New Year hits.
10. Pop that apple juice and bang some pots and pans. Create your own dance moves to celebrate a new year!
But most importantly, grab your loved ones and make some memories. It doesn’t matter if you plan an itinerary hour by hour or just veg out on the couch. The most important part of New years eve are the people you spend it with! Happy New year!